Pinata Fiesta Cake
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- large spice drops
- Candy-coated chocolates
Cake serves 30; each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add 11 x 15 x 2 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 11 x 15 x 2 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 13 Add to shopping list Tip: 13
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Gingerbread Boy Metal Cutter Add to shopping list Gingerbread Boy Metal Cutter
- Easy-Add 50 Pc. Animal Pals Cutter Set Add to shopping list 50 Pc. Animal Pals Cutter Set
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Circus Balloons Topper Set Add to shopping list Circus Balloons Topper Set
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rod Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rod
- Hot Glue Gun
- 4 yards Curling ribbon in yellow
- 1 yard Curling ribbon in green
- 1 yard Curling ribbon in red
- 1 yard Curling ribbon in blue
- Craft knife
- Plastic drinking straw
In advance: Make cookies. Roll out plain dough and cut out 1 horse; cut hole in top of horse with straw. Tint remaining dough skin tone and cut 6 children.
For child hitting piñata, trim off right arm. Bake and cool cookies. Decorate cookies using royal icing. Pipe tip 2 outline and dot facial features; add tip 13 curlique or pull-out hair.
Outline and pipe in clothes with tip 4 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe tip 4 ball hand and dot fingers.
On child hitting piñata, pipe tip 4 string blindfold; trim lollipop stick to 3 1/2 in. and attach to back of hand with icing. For hats, slightly trim spice drops and attach. Add tip 2 dot pompom.
Attach 4 in. sticks to backs of children. Draw stripes on horse with FoodWriter™ markers.
Ice 1-layer cake smooth in buttercream. Divide front and back of cake into six 2 1/2 in. wide sections; divide sides into four 2 3/4 in. wide sections.
Pipe tip 6 zigzag garlands, 3/4 in. deep. Attach 3 candy-coated chocolates with tip 4 dots of icing at each division point.
For piñata stand, cut 2 dowel rods 9 in. long. With knife, poke a hole 1/2 in. from top of each dowel rod.
Attach a spiral of yellow ribbon on dowel rods with hot glue, stopping 2 1/4 in. from bottom. At top, with hot glue, attach 6 in. pieces of curled ribbon in various colors.
Cut a lollipop stick to 11 1/4 in. long and insert into holes. Insert dowel rods in cake 1 1/2 in. from sides and back of cake.
Tie horse to stick with ribbon. Insert balloon toppers into tops of dowel rods. Print tip 4 message. Insert children in cake top. Pipe 21 shell bottom border.