Pillows to Dream On Cake
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add clear vanilla extract Add to shopping list clear vanilla extract
Cake serves 128.
- Easy-Add 3-Tier Pillow Pan Set Add to shopping list 3-Tier Pillow Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Stepsaving Rose Bouquet Flower Cutter Set Add to shopping list Stepsaving Rose Bouquet Flower Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- favorite alphabet font for initial pattern
- Waxed paper
Several days in advance: Make royal icing puddle dots. Pipe 160 dots 3/16 in. diameter for top tier. Pipe 50 each 3/16, 3/8 and 1/2 in. diameter for middle tier. Pipe 130 dots 1/2 in. diameter for bottom tier. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry. Paint all dots with Pearl Dust/vanilla mixture.
Make fondant initial. Make pattern for initial, up to 5 in. wide, 5 1/2 in. high. Mix 1 1/2 teaspoons Gum-Tex into 12 oz. fondant. Roll out 1/4 in. thick. Using pattern, cut out initial. Paint with Pearl Dust/vanilla mixture. Let dry 2 to 3 days. Use melted candy to attach 2 Lollipop Sticks to back, trimming as needed to leave 2 in. exposed at bottom to insert into cake.
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes using firm-textured batter such as pound cake.
Assemble cake layers on a cut-to-fit cake board. Ice cake smooth and cover top layer with fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother and trim at seam. Place cake board on top of cake and carefully flip to position covered layer at bottom. Cover top layer with fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Prepare cakes for Stacked Construction.
Decorate cake tops. For top tier: Using a damp brush, attach 1/8 in. wide strips 1 1/2 in. apart to create latticework top. Cut 1/4 in. wide strips and attach over center seam using fondant adhesive. Using royal icing, attach 3/16 in. puddle dots at each latticework intersection.
For middle tier: Use royal icing to attach various puddle dots to top, leaving a 4 in. square section open for top tier. Roll fondant into 3/16 in. thick ropes. Twist 2 together and attach over center seam using fondant adhesive.
For bottom tier: Leave a 5 in. square section open in top center where middle tier will rest. Use large rose cutter to imprint roses. Outline imprint with tip 2 zigzags in royal icing; immediately brush lines inward using Brush Embroidery technique. Repeat for center petals, outlining 3 free-hand petals. Use smallest leaf cutter to imprint leaves. Repeat as above. Pipe tip 2 vines. Use royal icing to attach 1/2 in. puddle dots over center seam. Paint Brush Embroidery details with Pearl Dust/vanilla mixture.
At reception: Stack cakes. Insert initial.