Pilgrim Pair Cake
His and her cakes will look great next to the pumpkin pie on your Thanksgiving table. Try them with your favorite spice cake recipe for a wonderful taste of fall.
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Petite Leaves Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Petite Leaves Icing Decorations
Each cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Little Hero Pan Add to shopping list Little Hero Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
Bake and cool two cakes. Trim off collar area and bottom of hose near feet. Ice sides and lightly ice cake tops smooth, icing background areas more heavily.
Trace boy and girl patterns with toothpick.
Pipe boy's socks with alternating color tip 4 strings. Outline heads, clothes and gun with tip 4. Pipe tip 4 string mouth and dot eyes; add tip 2 dot pupils. Fill in all outlined areas except gun, collars, cuffs, back hat brims, girl's apron and boy's hat band with tip 16 stars; overpipe noses.
Pipe tip 16 pull-out star hair. Add tip 2 string eyelashes. Pipe tip 12 pumpkin, pipe in gun with tip 12, back of hat brims, hat band, collars and cuffs with tip 4 (smooth all with finger dipped in cornstarch). Outline hands with tip 4; fill in with tip 16 stars. Add tip 16 pull-out star pumpkin stem.
Pipe tip 6 buckles. Pipe boy's front hat brim with tip 16 stars, build up for dimension. Pipe tip 21 shell bottom borders; position icing decorations around borders.
*Note: Combine Brown with a little Red-Red for shade shown.