Pigskin Club Sub
- 1 pkg (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 teaspoon dried pizza seasoning blend or Italian seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup hot water (120°F to 130°F)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or Asiago cheese, shredded
- Mustard as desired
- mayonnaise as desired
- salad dressing as desired
- Assorted sliced turkey or ham, salami or other luncheon meats
- cheeses Assorted sliced
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomatoes sliced
- Green, yellow or red bell peppers cut into rings
Sandwich serves 8-10.
Spray pan with vegetable pan spray.
In large bowl, combine hot roll mix, yeast packet and seasonings.
Stir in hot water, butter, egg and Parmesan cheese until dough sticks together in a ball.
Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5 minutes or until smooth. Cover with a large bowl and let rest 5 minutes.
Shape into loaf; place in prepared pan. Cover with a clean cloth and let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and loaf sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
To Assemble Sandwich: Cut bread in half horizontally.
Spread cut side of both bread halves with mustard, mayonnaise, or dressing, as desired.
Arrange luncheon meats, cheese, lettuce and tomato on bottom bread half; top with remaining half.
To serve, cut into 1-1 1/2 inch vertical slices.