Picnic Pal Cupcakes
No ant can resist these multi-colored cupcakes, and neither will your picnic guests. Use the Wilton Two-Tone Cupcake Set to create the layers of bright green and red.
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Favorite white cupcake recipe or mix
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red (no-taste) Icing Color Add to shopping list Red (no-taste) Icing Color
mini chocolate chips
Each cupcake serves 1
- Plastic ruler
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add 10 x 14 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 10 x 14 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add White Standard Baking Cups Add to shopping list White Standard Baking Cups
- Easy-Add Two-Tone Cupcake Pan Set Add to shopping list Two-Tone Cupcake Pan Set
- Easy-Add 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add 9 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 9 in. Angled Spatula
Make ants one day in advance. For each treat, knead 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex into 6 oz. fondant. Tint black.
Roll three fondant balls, each 1/2 in. dia. Flatten slightly and shape to form body sections. Use brush and piping gel to attach sections.
For legs, roll three logs, each 1/16 in. dia. x 1 in. long. Use brush and piping get to attach legs to body. Let dry overnight on cornstarch-dusted cake board.
Make cupcakes. Prepare white batter following recipe directions. Tint 1/3 batter red and 2/3 batter green. Gently stir mini chocolate chips into red batter.
Place two-tone insert in baking cup-lined muffin pan. Use a cut disposable decorating bag to fill center ring of insert 2/3 full with red batter. Use a cut disposable decorating bag to fill outer ring of insert 2/3 full with green batter.Remove insert and repeat until all cavities are filled. Remove insert. Bake and cool.
Decorate cupcakes. Prepare buttercream icing following recipe directions. Tint green. Use spatula to ice tops of cupcakes smooth. Position ant.