Pick of the Harvest Pumpkin Patch Cakes
Such a glorious autumn scene! The tableau was created using our Dimensions Large Pumpkin Pan and our Multi-Cavity Mini Pumpkins Pan. Life-like tendrils are made with fondant strips.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Moss Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Moss Green Icing Color
Your favorite firm-textured batter cake recipe such as pound cake
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red Color Dust Add to shopping list Red Color Dust
Orange Color Dust (Combine Red Color Dust with Orange Color Dust for red shown)Easy-Add Orange Color Dust Add to shopping list Orange Color Dust
- Easy-Add Lime Green Color Dust Add to shopping list Lime Green Color Dust
Spruce Green Color Dust (Combine Lime Green Color Dust with Spruce Green Color Dust for green shown)Easy-Add Spruce Green Color Dust Add to shopping list Spruce Green Color Dust
Cakes serve 16.
- 9 in. Fondant Roller with ringsEasy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin with ringsEasy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Leaves and Acorns Nesting Metal Cookie Cutter Set (large and medium maple leaves used)Easy-Add Leaves and Acorns Nesting Metal Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list Leaves and Acorns Nesting Metal Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Fondant Shaping Foam Set Add to shopping list Fondant Shaping Foam Set
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Wave Flower Former Add to shopping list Wave Flower Former
- Plastic ruler
- Bamboo skewers (1/8 in. dia.)
- Easy-Add 10 x 14 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 10 x 14 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Dimensions® Large Pumpkin Pan Add to shopping list Dimensions® Large Pumpkin Pan
- Easy-Add Dimensions® Multi-Cavity Mini Pumpkins Pan Add to shopping list Dimensions® Multi-Cavity Mini Pumpkins Pan
- Easy-Add 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid Add to shopping list 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add 6 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 6 in. Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Cellophane Tape
- Easy-Add 12 in. Silver Cake Base Add to shopping list 12 in. Silver Cake Base
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
One day in advance, make leaves. Tint 16 oz. of fondant a medium shade of moss green and knead in 1 teaspoon of Gum-Tex. Roll out to 1/8 in. thick. Using cutters from set, cut four medium and two large maple leaves. Place leaves on thin shaping foam. Make veins on leaves with small veining tool from set. Place on cornstarch-dusted wave formers to dry.
One day in advance, make tendrils. Roll green fondant into 20 logs, 1/16 in. dia. and 3 to 5 in. long. Wrap logs around skewers; some tightly and some loosely. Let set for 5 minutes. Carefully slide tendrils off skewers and let dry on a cornstarch-dusted board. Reserve remaining fondant.
Bake and cool cakes according to package directions. Place on foil-covered circles cut to sizes of cakes with scissors. Prepare buttercream icing. Ice cakes with a thin layer of buttercream; prepare for fondant covering.
Tint 28 oz. of fondant orange. Roll 1/16 in. thick and use to cover cakes. Use large veining tool from set to imprint the indents in cakes.
Add highlights to indents on pumpkins using brush and red/orange Color Dust.
Use reserved green fondant to form various shaped stems by hand. Pinch with fingers to form four or five ridges in stems. Attach stems to pumpkins with fondant adhesive. Trim as needed.
Add highlights to vein imprints ridges on stems and leaves using brush and lime green/spruce green Color Dust.
Position and attach leaves and tendrils to pumpkins with fondant adhesive. Support leaves with small amount of green fondant in back. Place on cake base.