Petaled Personality Cake
A colorful petaled cake, made with Sugar Sheets!, is a fun way to perk up a birthday, wedding shower, school function or other special occasion!
- Easy-Add Bright Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Bright Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Purple Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Purple Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Light Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Light Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add White Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list White Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers
Cake serves 20
- Easy-Add Single Shape Punch Set Add to shopping list Single Shape Punch Set
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rod Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rod
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 10 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 10 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Circles Nesting Cookie Cutters Add to shopping list Circles Nesting Cookie Cutters
- Easy-Add Layered Circles Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Layered Circles Cutting Insert
In advance, make petals for bottom border. Using punch with Oval Cutting Insert, cut 24 petals from Bright Pink Sugar Sheets! Use knife to trim to 1 3/4 in. long. Curl over dowel rod and let set.
Bake and cool two-layer cake (trim layers to 1 1/2 in. high for a 3 in. high cake). Place on foil-wrapped cake circle. Ice smooth with yellow buttercream. Use piping gel to attach 12 bright pink petals, about 3/4 in. apart, around cake border. With piping gel, attach top layer of 12 petals in spaces.
Using punch with Oval Cutting Insert, cut 11 petals from Purple Sugar Sheets! Use piping gel to attach petals around cake top, beginning about 1/2 in. from outer edge. Use second largest metal cutter from set to cut face from Light Pink Sugar Sheets! Use punch with Small Circle Cutting Insert to cut eyes from White Sugar Sheets! Use black FoodWriter to draw and fill in 1/2 in. diameter pupils. Attach eyes to face using piping gel. Use black FoodWriter to draw eyelashes. Use pink FoodWriter to draw 1 1/2 long x 1/2 in. wide smile, lips and 1/16 in. diameter cheeks. Attach face over petals with piping gel.
Note: Combine lemon yellow with golden yellow icing color for yellow shown.