Personal Egg Cakes
Create 3-D eggs like this using our Mini Cake Pan or 1 or our Silicone Molds. Bake 2 cakes for each egg. Attach halves and cover with melted candy. Decorate with fondant trims, royal icing or tinted candy.
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Light Green Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Light Green Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Violet Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Violet Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Yellow Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Yellow Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Pink colored sugar Add to shopping list Pink colored sugar
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
solid vegetable shortening
Each cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Mini Egg Pan Add to shopping list Mini Egg Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Paring Knife
Bake and cool cakes. Place on cooling grid over cookie sheet. Add 1 teaspoon of solid vegetable shortening to melted cocoa candy to achieve pouring consistency.
Cover cakes with melted cocoa candy. Refrigerate until firm. Cover with a second coat of candy; refrigerate until firm.
Tint portions of fondant rose, green, violet and yellow (combine Lemon Yellow with a little Golden Yellow for shade shown).
Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. With knife, cut strips 1/4 and 3/8 in. wide, long enough to cover eggs from side to side.
Cut various color fondant dots using narrow end of tip 12. Brush strips and dots with water; cover with colored sugar.
Brush back of strips and dots with water; position on eggs.