Perky Pup Easter Eggs
Here’s a pooch that’s welcome at your Easter table! They’ll beg for this hard-cooked egg, with his floppy fondant ears, cute eye patch, colorful collar and personalized dog tag.
- Hard Cooked Eggs
- Orange Gel Food Color or
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant (2 oz. makes 1 egg)Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Jumbo Confetti Sprinkles Add to shopping list Jumbo Confetti Sprinkles
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
Each egg serves one.
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Oval Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Oval Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Plastic ruler
Step 1Color eggs orange. Let set.
Step 2Add 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 2 oz. fondant per egg. Tint 1/2 oz. each light brown, dark brown and red. Tint 1/4 oz. black; reserve 1/4 oz. white.
Step 3Roll out red fondant 1/4 in. thick. Use knife to cut a strip, 3/8 in. wide x 4 1/2 in. long. Wrap into a circle, securing ends with damp brush. Attach egg with piping gel.
Step 4Roll out light brown fondant 1/16 in. thick. Use medium Cut-Out to cut two oval ears. Attach to top of egg with piping gel, bending over for a floppy look.
Step 5Roll out dark brown fondant 1/16 in. thick. Use wide end of tip 2A to cut a circle for spot. Use narrow end of tip 2A to cut a circle from edge of spot. Attach spot to egg with piping gel.
Step 6Roll out white fondant 1/16 in. thick. Use narrow end of tip 2A to cut two circles for eyes. Attach to egg with piping gel, inlaying open area of eye patch for left eye.
Step 7From black fondant, shape an oval 1/2 in. high x 5/8 in. wide x 3/8 in. thick. Attach for nose with piping gel. Roll a small white ball and attach with piping gel for nose highlight.
Step 8Use black FoodWriter edible color marker to draw a bone on yellow jumbo confetti. Attach to collar with piping gel.
Step 9Use black FoodWriter edible color marker to draw mouth and pupils.
1 Reviews by the community
1 Questions by the community