Perky Pumpkin Cake
It’s easy to “carve” this grinning gourd confection. Start with an Iridescents! Jack O-Lantern Pan cake, and then use our Pumpkin Feature Pattern—found in the 2011 Pattern Book—and piped-icing to fashion a cheerful countenance.
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (24 oz.)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 12
- Easy-Add Iridescents Jack-O-Lantern Pan Add to shopping list Iridescents Jack-O-Lantern Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add 16 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 16 in. Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
In advance: Prepare board. Tape cake circles together. Cover with 22 oz. fondant.
Bake and cool cake. Position on prepared board. Decorate cake and base board. Use patterns to mark facial features.
Use tip 3 to outline and fill in features, patting smooth with fingertip dipped in cornstarch. Cover cake with tip 16 stars. Pipe tip 16 lines and swirl for top stem. Use tip 3 to outline and pipe in leaf; pat smooth then add tip 3 center vein.
Tint remaining fondant (1/2 black, 1/2 violet) and roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut circles using wide end of tip 3. Attach to base board using damp brush.
* Combine Golden Yellow with Lemon Yellow for yellow shown.
* Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.