Perched in Paradise Cookie
Valentine’s Day is a day for love birds! Change the make-ahead royal icing drop flowers to shades of pink and red to make your cookie more traditional.
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Hearts Nesting Cutter Set Add to shopping list Hearts Nesting Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Wedding Shower Candy Mold Add to shopping list Wedding Shower Candy Mold
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Tip: 224 Add to shopping list Tip: 224
- Easy-Add Tip: 349 Add to shopping list Tip: 349
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- 4 in. per cookie 1/2 in. wide ribbon
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make flowers. Using royal icing, pipe 10 each tip 224 drop flowers in rose and yellow; add tip 3 dot centers.
Make extras to allow for breakage; let dry. Also mold 2 bird candies without heart portion using melted white candy. Refrigerate until firm; unmold.
Roll out dough. Cut cookie using second largest heart cutter. Trim 1/2 in. off bottom point. Bake and cool. Pipe tip 7 outline cage using royal icing; position bird candies.
Pipe tip 7 outline perch and bottom border. Attach flowers to border; add tip 349 leaves. Form a loop with 4 in. of ribbon; attach ends with icing.
Attach loop and flowers at top with icing. Add tip 349 leaves.
**Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown.