Pecking Order Mini Cake
What a “tweet” treat for your Easter or spring celebrations! These chick mini cakes will fly off the plate, and will have guests chirping for more.
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (2 1/2 ounces needed per treat)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Black shoestring licorice Add to shopping list Black shoestring licorice
Each mini cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Silicone Petite Easter Egg Mold Add to shopping list Silicone Petite Easter Egg Mold
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
Bake and cool mini cakes in silicone mold supported by cookie sheet.
Prepare for rolled fondant, icing smooth in buttercream and covering egg design.
For 2 treats, tint fondant as follows: 2 oz. blue, 2 oz. pink, 1/2 oz. orange, 1/4 oz. black. Roll out pink and blue 1/8 in. thick.
Cover mini cakes; smooth and trim away excess.
For each wing and tail, begin with a 3/4 in. ball of fondant. Shape into flattened teardrop; use small end of veining tool to score feathers. Attach using damp brush.
For beak, use fingers to shape an orange cone, 3/8 in. tall; attach. Roll cut black fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut eyes using narrow end of tip 7; attach.
For 2 feet, begin with a 1/2 in. ball of fondant. Cut ball in half and shape each portion into a flattened oval. Use veining tool to indent toes. Cut 1 in. lengths of licorice. Push on feet and insert other end into cake.