Peachy Pair Cake
Warm up the anniversary gathering or wedding reception with a dash of fresh peach. It’s the ideal color to complement your table linens or floral arrangements.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Creamy Peach Icing Color Add to shopping list Creamy Peach Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add clear vanilla extract Add to shopping list clear vanilla extract
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 49
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Square Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Square
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Floral Fantasy Fondant Imprint Mat Add to shopping list Floral Fantasy Fondant Imprint Mat
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Flower Display Cups Add to shopping list Flower Display Cups
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 18 in. square plywood or foamcore board (1/2 inch thick)
- Fresh Flowers
2 days in advance: Make bow loops. Combine 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex with 4 oz. fondant. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 14 strips 5 x 3/8 in. wide. Attach ends with damp brush; let dry on sides on cornstarch-dusted surface. Also: Prepare base board. Roll out 68 oz. white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Place on Imprint Mat and roll over once to imprint design. Cover base board.
Tint 72 oz. fondant peach. Prepare 2-layer 8 in. cake (bake two 1 1/2 in. high layers for a 3 in. high cake) and 1-layer 14 in. cake (2 in. high) for Stacked Construction; position dowel rods to support 8 in. cake near back right corner of 14 in. cake, 1 1/4 in. from edge. Prepare cakes for rolled fondant and cover with peach fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Position cakes on base board. Mix Pearl Dust with a small amount of vanilla; paint on base board imprint areas. For ribbons, roll out reserved white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut two 3/8 x 18 in. strips for 14 in. cake and two 3/8 x 12 in. strips for 8 in. cake. Attach 1 1/2 in. from edges with damp brush. Pipe tip 5 bead bottom borders.
At reception: Insert small ball of fondant and position fresh flowers following Display Cups directions; insert cups where ribbon strips meet. Attach bow loops with dots of icing.
*Combine Creamy Peach with Rose for peach shown.