Patriot Pops Cereal Treats
Accent these crispy confections with Patriotic Star Icing Decorations, then wrap them up in Patriotic Stars Party Bags to take to the parade, handout at school parties, or send home with guests.
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Yellow Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Yellow Candy Melts® Candy
Favorite crisped rice cereal treat recipe (1 batch will make 8-10 treats)
- Easy-Add Patriotic Stars Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Patriotic Stars Icing Decorations
Non-stick pan spray
Each cereal treat serves 1.
- Easy-Add 9 x 13 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 13 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Stars Candy Mold Add to shopping list Stars Candy Mold
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Patriotic Stars Party Bags Add to shopping list Patriotic Stars Party Bags
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Waxed paper
In advance: Mold top star candies; refrigerate until firm, unmold.
Prepare cereal treats. Before mixing in cereal, divide marshmallow/butter mixture into 2 portions. Tint 1 red. Add 1/2 of cereal to each portion and mix per recipe. Keeping colors separated, press mixtures into waxed-paper lined pan; unmold by lifting waxed paper. Cut circles using medium round Cut-Out sprayed with pan spray; cut 3 red and 2 natural for each treat. Thread circles onto lollipop sticks, leaving 1 1/2 in. extended at top; secure with dots of melted candy. Attach candy star to top of stick and icing decorations to treats using melted candy. Let set. Place treat in bag and tie.