Passion for Chocolate Cake
For true chocolate lovers! Ganache icing covers this cake with a fudge-like icing glaze. Homemade molded candies and lollipops are used as sweet decorations.
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
heavy whipping cream
Long macaroni pasta uncooked
Cake serves 15.
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Heart Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Heart Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Hearts Candy Mold Add to shopping list Hearts Candy Mold
- Easy-Add 3-D Heart Lollipop Mold Add to shopping list 3-D Heart Lollipop Mold
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- 2 yards gold metallic curling ribbon
- Craft block
In advance, make the following candies: 20 "Love" hearts and 2 "Face" hearts from 3-D Lollipop Mold, and 15 hearts from Hearts Candy Mold. Refrigerate until firm; unmold. Cut 9 pieces of uncooked pasta from 2 in. to 6 in. long. Dip pieces into melted candy and set in craft block to dry. Attach pasta sticks to backs of the two "Face" hearts, and Hearts Candy Mold hearts with melted candy. Tie curling ribbon on sticks and set aside.
Bake and cool two 1 1/2 in. high cakes to form one 3 in. high cake. Ice cake smooth with chocolate buttercream; let set. Position cake on cooling rack and cover with ganache. Let set. Pipe tip 21 shell bottom border in chocolate buttercream. Position "Love" candies around bottom border. Insert lollipops on cake top. Write tip 2 message with buttercream and position additional hearts on cake top.