Party with the Penguin Cake
Wilton pans make it easy to bake 3-D cakes like this! It’s sure to be the center of attention at holiday parties and other occasions all year round.
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Sugar ice cream cone
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set Add to shopping list Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list Lollipop Sticks
Combine Red-Red with Christmas Red for red shown. Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown.
In advance: Make wings. Add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 4 oz. fondant. Tint black. Roll out 3/8 in. thick and using pattern, cut 2 wings. Insert 2 lollipop sticks 2 1/2 in. deep into flat edge of one wing. Let wings dry.
Prepare cake using firm-textured batter such as pound cake. Fill prepared pan and core, bake and cool following directions. Insert baked core into cake body, attaching with icing, and position on prepared board. Trim off ears, arms, muzzle, tail, back of legs. Ice head smooth. Tint 3 oz. fondant yellow; shape top and bottom beak sections. Cut two lollipop sticks to 3 in. and insert into base of beak sections; insert into cake. Using tip 4, pipe in eyes (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch); outline eyebrows. Cover body and feet with tip 18 stars. Ice cone smooth; position on head. Cut a strip of fondant 1/2 in. wide and wrap around cone. Add tip 18 pull-out star fringe at tip and base of cone. Trim lollipop sticks on wing to 5 in. long, insert into cake. Attach other wing with icing.