Cookie Sheets & Je…
Party Primate Cake
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Flowerful Medley 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment Confetti Sprinkles usedEasy-Add Flowerful Medley 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment Add to shopping list Flowerful Medley 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment
- Easy-Add Cake Release Add to shopping list Cake Release
- One 2-layer cake mix or your favorite cake recipe
- light corn syrup
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Monkey Pan Add to shopping list Monkey Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- 101 Cookie Cutters Set Medium and Large Circle Cutter usedEasy-Add 101 Cookie Cutters Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutters Set
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- blue curling ribbon
- Red curling ribbon
- Yellow curling ribbon
- Sharp Knife
We suggest that you tint all icings at one time while cake cools. Refrigerate tinted icings in covered containers until ready to use. Bring to room temperature for decorating.
Make 2 cups buttercream icing:
Tint 1/4 cup ivory
Tint 1/4 cup black
Reserve 1 1/2 cups white (thin 1 1/4 cups with 4 teaspoons light corn syrup)
Make 1 1/4 cups chocolate buttercream icing.
Make 1 cup royal icing:
Tint 1/4 cup lemon yellow/golden yellow combination
Tint 1/4 cup violet/rose combination
Tint 1/4 cup blue
Tint 1/4 cup red
Prepare Roll-Out Cookie Recipe.
Decorate in Order
1. Roll out cookie dough and cut 3 in. wide x 2 1/2 in. high triangle for party hat and use largest Circle Cutter from 101 Cookie Cutters Set to curve bottom edge of hat. Use Medium Circle Cutter from 101 Cookie Cutter Set to cut 3 cookies for balloons. Bake and cool.
2. Thin royal icings (lemon yellow/golden yellow combination, violet/rose combination, blue, red) with water. Place cookies on cooling grid above drip pan. Cover hat cookie with violet/rose combination icing and balloon cookies with lemon yellow/golden yellow combination, red and blue icings. Let dry on waxed paper covered board.
3. Attach lollipop stick to back of hat cookie with royal icing; let dry.
4. Ice sides and background of cake smooth with thinned white icing.
5. Add confetti sprinkle decorations to sides and background areas of cake.
6. Use tip 3 and chocolate buttercream icing to outline body, ears, feet, arms, tail and muzzle.
7. Use tip 5 and ivory icing to pipe in inner ear, muzzle, feet and area behind whites of eyes (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
8. Use tip 5 and white buttercream icing to pipe in whites of eyes (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
9. Use tip 3 and black buttercream icing to pipe in pupils (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
10. Use tip 3 and black buttercream icing to outline mouth and nostrils.
11. Use tip 18 and chocolate buttercream icing to cover body, head, ears, arms and tail with stars.
12. Use tip 21 and white buttercream icing to pipe shell bottom border.
13. Position hat cookie in cake. Use tip 3 and white buttercream icing to add pull-out fur fringe and pompom.
14. Cut yellow/blue/red ribbons to 18 in. lengths and position in monkey's hand. Overpipe hand outline with tip 3 chocolate buttercream and cover hand with tip 18 chocolate buttercream stars.
15. Position cookies on top of ribbon streamers.
Preheat oven to 350°F or temperature per recipe directions. Before first and after each use, we recommend hand washing pan in warm soapy water. Your cake will unmold easily, without sticking, when you prepare the pan properly. Grease the inside of pan using a pastry brush and solid vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine or liquid vegetable oil). Spread the shortening so that all indentations are covered.
Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons flour inside pan and shake so that flour covers all greased surfaces. Turn pan upside down and tap lightly to remove excess flour. If any shiny spots remain, touch up with more shortening and flour to prevent cake from sticking. (You can use vegetable oil pan spray or Wilton Cake Release or Wilton Bake Easy™ Non-Stick Spray, in place of solid shortening and flour).
Make one 2-layer cake mix according to package or recipe directions. Pour the cake batter into pan, and if necessary, spread the batter around with a spatula to fill all areas of the pan evenly. Be careful not to touch sides or bottom of pan.
Bake cake on middle rack of 350°F oven for 40-45 minutes or until cake tests done according to recipe directions.
Remove cake from oven and cool on cake rack for 10 minutes. While the cake is still in the pan, carefully slice off the raised center portion of the cake. This allows the cake to sit more level and helps prevent cracking.
To remove cake from pan, place cooling rack against cake and turn both cake rack and pan over. Lift pan off carefully. Cool cake at least one hour. Brush loose crumbs off cake.
To transfer cake to serving board, hold a cake board against cake and turn both cake and rack over. Lift off rack. Hold another board against bottom of cake and turn cake over. Be sure to hold cake, rack and board close together while turning to prevent cake from cracking.