Palm Tree Blossom Cake
The spirit of the Hawaiian islands is always at hand with a luau-themed party. Palm Tree Blossom Cake is sure to bring everyone into island mode, whether celebrating summer, escaping winter´s chill or just adding a tropical twist to any special event.
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing
- 1 pkg (18.25 ounces) favorite flavor cake mix
- Ingredients to prepare cake mix
- white decorator icing divided
- Assorted gum drops
- Spearmint leaves
- granulated sugar
Cake serves 12.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray palm tree pan with vegetable pan spray.
Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on cooling rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely.
Meanwhile, color 1 1/4 cups of the icing green; color remaining icing brown. Set aside 3 gum drops. Place remaining gum drops on granulated sugar dusted surface; flatten using rolling pin or fingers.
Spatula ice cooled cake using colored icing. Using spatula, create frond lines in top leaf area and lines on trunk. Arrange flattened gum drops around reserved whole gum drop to form flower; press into icing. Cut spearmint leaves in half horizontally; arrange around gum drop flowers.