Pacifying Thoughts Cake
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Yellow Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Yellow Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
Cake serves 30.
- Easy-Add Sports Ball Pan Set Add to shopping list Sports Ball Pan Set
- Oval Pan Set 13 x 9 7/8 x 2 in. usedEasy-Add Oval Pan Set Add to shopping list Oval Pan Set
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Candy Melting Plate Add to shopping list Candy Melting Plate
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 8 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Hidden Pillars Add to shopping list Hidden Pillars
- Easy-Add Circle Metal Cutter Add to shopping list Circle Metal Cutter
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Icing Comb Set Add to shopping list Icing Comb Set
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Non-Stick Parchment Paper Add to shopping list Non-Stick Parchment Paper
- Aluminum foil
- Warming tray
Several days in advance, make candy pacifier; set aside.
In advance, make 10 candy faces: Tint 1 cup melted candy light pink, 1 tablespoon of each black and dark pink.
Mold faces in cavities of melting tray; refrigerate until firm; unmold. Pipe eyes with black candy in cut parchment bag.
Make pacifiers and bows on parchment paper: For pacifiers, separately pipe disks and hollow circles 3/8 in. diameter.
Refrigerate until firm; remove paper. Attach pacifier pieces with candy, let harden, then attach to faces. Attach bows to girls.
Ice 2-layer oval cake smooth, 1/2 in. thick on sides. Using pink blades, immediately comb sides with Icing Sculptor. Cut hidden pillars to height of cake and position in cake.
Use an 8" cake circle, trimmed on opposite sides to create an oval shape. Cover it with Fanci-foil wrap, and ice smooth.
Cut hidden pillars to the height of the cake, and position on cake in area where candy pacifier will sit.
Pipe tip 6 ball top border and around plate. Pipe tip 8 ball bottom border. Position faces and large pacifier (secure with icing if necessary).
† Brand confectionery coating