Out for a Swim! Cupcakes
Make a big splash at your next celebration! Create this cute school of fish, in their natural habitat, on top of a cupcake centerpiece. It´s so easy.
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Your favorite roll-out cookie recipe
Your favorite cupcake recipe
Each cupcake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Standard muffin pan Add to shopping list Standard muffin pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Standard White Baking Cups Add to shopping list Standard White Baking Cups
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- 101 Cookie Cutters Set (smallest round cutter used)Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutters Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutters Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 233 Add to shopping list Tip: 233
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add Cupcakes 'N More® 38 Count Dessert Stand Add to shopping list Cupcakes 'N More® 38 Count Dessert Stand
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Standard Coupler Add to shopping list Standard Coupler
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make sea plants and sea urchins. Prepare Royal Icing recipe. Using combination Leaf Green/Lemon Yellow royal icing, pipe Leaf Decorating Tip 352 ruffle sea plants on waxed paper covered board. Using combination Rose/Violet royal icing, pipe Multi-Opening Decorating Tip 233 pull-out sea urchins on waxed paper covered board. Make 1 plant and urchin for each cupcake and let dry. Make cookie fish. Prepare Roll Out Cookie Dough recipe and roll ¼ in. thick. Use smallest round cutter from 101 Cookie Cutters Set to cut bodies. Thin dough with water to a piping consistency. Place dough in bag fitted with Round Tip 3 and use to pipe mouth, fins and tail. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes at 350°F. Let cool. Using white royal icing, pipe Round Tip 3 ball whites of eyes. Using black royal icing, pipe Round Decorating Tip 2 dot pupils.
Bake and cool cupcakes in White Standard Baking Cups, and cool completely on Cooling Grid.
Prepare Buttercream Icing recipe. Tint the icing using a small amount of Royal Blue Icing Color. Use spatula to ice tops of cupcakes with blue buttercream icing.
Position iced cupcakes on stand. Insert fish cookies, sea plant and sea urchin.
Why not change the color of your fish, sea plants and urchins? You can even add starfish and sea horses with tip 3 and royal icing.