Out Pops A Chick! Cookie Pop
Lots of holiday action happening here. A baby chick cookie is hatching from an egg cookie. Decorated with royal icing and assembled with cookie treat stick attached. A great treat for all the little ones on Easter.
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Each cookie pop serves 1.
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easter Color Anodized Cookie Cutter Set Chick usedEasy-Add Easter Color Anodized Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list Easter Color Anodized Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks
- Paring Knife
Prepare cookie dough. Tint a portion of dough yellow. Roll out yellow and plain dough; cut plain round cookie using circle cutter from set and yellow chick using chick cutter.
With knife, cut a zigzag at center of round cookie for broken eggshell look; separate halves of cookie. Bake and cool all cookies.
Thin royal icing with 1/2 teaspoon water at a time, until reaching pouring consistency. Place egg halves on cooling grid over cookie sheet.
Cover cookies with thinned icing; let set. Using full-strength royal icing, pipe in tip 2 beak; add tip 2 dot eye.
Attach sticks to backs of chicks with melted candy; let set. Attach egg half to chick with melted candy; let set.