Our Family's Branching Out Cake
- Easy-Add Pink Icing Color Add to shopping list Pink Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Daffodil Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Daffodil Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
Cake serves 40; each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Circle Metal Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Circle Metal Cookie Cutter
- Easy-Add Tip: 2D Add to shopping list Tip: 2D
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 13 Add to shopping list Tip: 13
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- parchment bag
- Waxed paper
- 18-gauge florist wire
- Green florist tape
- Green curling ribbon
In advance: Cut Roll-Out Cookie Dough using Circle Metal Cutter; cut a hole at top using narrow end of tip 4; bake and cool.
Using royal icing, pipe 20 tip 2D swirl drop flowers with tip 3 dot centers on waxed paper. Using thinned royal icing in cut parchment bag, pipe 1 and 1 1/2 in. circle faces on waxed paper; let dry.
Attach faces to cookies with royal icing. Using thinned royal icing in cut bag, pipe dot nose. Using full-strength royal icing, pipe hair with tips 3 and 13. Draw eyes and mouth with FoodWriter™ markers.
Also: Make 12 branches using 18-gauge wrapped florist wire, using one 14 in. and one 10 in. length for each branch. Twist the 2 lengths together leaving 4 in. length of single wire at bottom.
Wrap with florist tape, adding 3 Green Leaves and leaving 4 in. at bottom untaped. Tape on an 8 in. wire for side branch; add 2 leaves.
Ice smooth 2-layer 12 in. round cake (3 in. high) in buttercream and prepare for tall-tier construction, using one 6 1/2 and one 7 3/4 in. column for tree trunk.
Pipe tip 21 shell bottom border and tip 18 shell top border. Print tip 4 message. Attach flowers with icing and add tip 352 leaves.
Insert branches in center column; if all wires won't fit, attach to outside of column with melted candy, then wrap with floral tape.
Lightly ice trunk; overpipe with tip 21 stripes. Thread a 12 in. curling ribbon through hole in cookie; tie onto branches.