Opening A New Door Cake
This schoolhouse is rocking! Build it with five stacked cakes and a cookie pop message that shouts the excitement from the rooftop.
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Chocolate Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing Add to shopping list Chocolate Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing
Cake serves 192.
- Easy-Add 9 x 13 x 2 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 13 x 2 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 14 Add to shopping list Tip: 14
- Easy-Add Tip: 44 Add to shopping list Tip: 44
- Easy-Add Tip: 48 Add to shopping list Tip: 48
- Easy-Add Tip: 55 Add to shopping list Tip: 55
- Easy-Add Tip: 57 Add to shopping list Tip: 57
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutters Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutters Set
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Gold Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Gold Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Plastic Dowel Rods (4 used for cake base, 1 for top cake)Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Male Graduate Topper Add to shopping list Male Graduate Topper
- Small Plastic Ruler
- Zip-Close Plastic Bag
In advance, make cookie message and doors: Roll out dough and cut two 4 1/4 x 1 1/4 in. door cookies. Tint portions of remaining dough red, green, yellow, blue and black; cut letters.
Thin a 1 1/2 in. ball of black dough with water to piping consistency; pipe tip 3 outlines on letters. Bake and cool all cookies. Attach letters to sticks with melted candy. Let harden.
Prepare four 1-layer 9 x 13 in. cakes for stacked construction, placing a cake board, cut to fit, between upper and lower two cakes. Ice smooth.
Ice 1-layer 6 in. cake smooth and position on top. Mark 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 in. door area and 1 in. square window areas on 9 x 13 in. cakes, 3/4 in. square window areas on 6 in. cake. Pipe in areas with tip 3.
Outline all windows and door with tip 55; add tip 57 outline window sills on larger windows. Pipe tip 48 band building frames in corners.
Cover door cookies with tip 48 stripes; add tip 3 outline and dot handles. Attach to cake with icing. Pipe tip 44 outline door frame. Pipe tip 5 bead top and bottom borders on cakes.
Cut marshmallows in half. Position on cake board for shrubs and cover with tip 14 stars.
Insert cookie message, trimming sticks as needed. Tint shredded coconut green; position around building for grass. Position topper.