On the Wing this Spring! Mini Cake
Calling all chicks! Use mini roll-out cookie dough cookies and mini ball cakes to make cute chick cakes for your springtime guests. These bright birds are covered in fluffy buttercream icing.
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
Cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Mini Ball Pan Add to shopping list Mini Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Easter Mini Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Easter Mini Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Straight Spatula Add to shopping list Straight Spatula
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
For each chick, cut, bake and cool 4 tulip cookies for wings and feet, bake and cool 1/2 mini ball cake for head.
For body, slightly trim marshmallow vertically to lay flat on board.
Position head and body, cut side down, on a foil-wrapped cake board, cut to fit.
Ice head and body fluffy. Pipe tip 16 pull-out feathers on wing cookies and top of head. Ice feet smooth.
Pipe tip 3 ball whites of eyes, pupils and cheeks (flatten and smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Ice mouth area smooth; add tip 3 outline beak, tapering lines to corners of beak.
Attach wings and feet to body with dots of icing.