On the Tip of his Tongue Cake
It's easy to make faces with the Animal Crackers pan. Here, we've added cookie legs for a 3-D look that will get the party jumping!
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Watermelon Hot Pink Kandy Clay™ Add to shopping list Watermelon Hot Pink Kandy Clay™
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Animal Crackers Pan Add to shopping list Animal Crackers Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 2005 Pattern Book (Front Legs, Back Legs)Easy-Add 2005 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2005 Pattern Book
- Easy-Add Rainbow Colors Corkscrew Candles Add to shopping list Rainbow Colors Corkscrew Candles
- Easy-Add Tapered Spatula Add to shopping list Tapered Spatula
- Sharp Knife
In advance: Make leg cookies: Using toothpick, trace front and back leg patterns on rolled out dough-one set with patterns right side up, the other set with patterns reversed. Cut, bake and cool cookies.
Trim ear portions off cake and attach with icing to top of cake for eyes. Position leg cookies and trace cake on board, then cut board to fit and wrap with foil.
To create nostrils, pipe tip 7 dots where original eyes were on cake; pipe tip 7 ring around dots. Ice whites of new eyes smooth. Pipe in pupils with tip 4 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Ice mouth area smooth. Pipe tip 4 zigzag outside mouth area (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Overpipe area several times with tip 7 to build up. Cover cake with tip 18 stars (spots first).
Position back legs next to cake and cover with tip 18 stars; position front legs on back legs and cover with tip 18 stars.
Knead Kandy Clay to soften and shape into tongue with upward curve on end. Pipe tip 18 rosette on end of tongue and position candle.
*Note: Combine Leaf Green and Kelly Green for shades shown. Make both dark and light shades.