Old Glory Cake
It´s red, white and blue through and through! Cake batter is tinted before baking and the colorful layers sandwich a sheet of luscious ice cream. The coolest summer cake ever. Watch our online video.
- Easy-Add Red (no-taste) Icing Color Add to shopping list Red (no-taste) Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
Cake serves 24.
- Stars and Stripes Pan or 9 x 13 in. Sheet PanEasy-Add Stars and Stripes Pan Add to shopping list Stars and Stripes Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Plastic wrap
- Sharp Knife
Prepare cake batter to fill one cake pan 2/3 full; tint bright red. Pour into prepared pan; bake according to recipe instructions. Cool.
Prepare second cake as above, tinting batter blue. Bake according to recipe instructions. Cool.
While 2nd cake cools, line pan with plastic wrap; spoon softened ice cream into pan; fill completely, spreading evenly. Freeze until firm.
Remove crown from both cakes. Position blue cake layer on foil-wrapped board.
Unmold ice cream and position on top of blue cake layer; trim with knife to fit flush Position red cake layer on top of ice cream layer.
Ice cake sides smooth ith buttercream. Cover star field area with tip 16 blue stars. Add tip 21 white stars on top.
Pipe tip 21 alternating red and white curving stripes on remainder of cake. Add tip 21 star bottom border. Freeze until ready to serve.
Remove cake from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Cut and serve.