Oh Christmas Trees Cake
A pastel forest of fondant firs hides the twist legs used to create this tiered Oh Christmas Trees cake. For a more traditional look, make all of your trees green and change the blue fondant to brown.
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 48.
- 8 in. Round pan 3 in. deepEasy-Add 8 in. Round pan Add to shopping list 8 in. Round pan
- 12 in. Round Pan 3 in. deepEasy-Add 12 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Crystal-Look Separator Plates Add to shopping list Crystal-Look Separator Plates
- Easy-Add Tip: 10 Add to shopping list Tip: 10
- Easy-Add 9 in. Twist Legs Add to shopping list 9 in. Twist Legs
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Star Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Star Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Craft knife
- Tree Pattern
Prepare trees several days in advance. Mix 4 teaspoons of Gum-Tex into 2 packages of fondant. Divide fondant and tint 8 oz. rose, 8 oz. yellow, 8 oz. violet/rose, 16 oz. green.
Using tree pattern, cut out 8 each rose, yellow and violet; cut 16 green. Set on cornstarch-dusted board to dry. Cut 1 star using largest star Cut-Out in yellow. Reserve remaining colored fondant. Let all dry several days.
Prepare 8 and 12 in. round cakes 3 in. high for rolled fondant and push-in pillar construction. Tint 3 pkgs. fondant blue and cover cakes.
Roll out 2 1/2 pkgs. white fondant 1/4 in. thick and measuring 3 in. larger than each cake top. Cut random snow drip edge. Position on cake tops and attach with damp brush. Roll out remaining fondant 1/8 in. thick and cover 2 twist legs with green fondant, and 1 each with rose, violet and yellow.
Position one green twist leg in 8 in. cake top. Position 4 remaining twist legs in 12 in. cake. Position 10 in. plate with cake on pillars.
Attach fondant tree sections with thinned fondant adhesive and tip 5. Attach fondant star to tree top with thinned fondant adhesive. Pipe tip 10 bottom ball borders on both cakes.