Wide Glide™ …
Oh Baby, What A Bottle Cake!
- white cake mix
- Favorite angel food cake mixes
- confectioners' sugar
- White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant (1 pk. needed)Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Mini Wonder Mold Pan Add to shopping list Mini Wonder Mold Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 in. Jelly Roll Pan Add to shopping list 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 in. Jelly Roll Pan
- Easy-Add Alphabet/Number Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Alphabet/Number Cut-Outs™
- Waxed paper
- kitchen towel
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Plastic ruler
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Stick Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Stick
- serving dish
Bake white cake in Mini Wonder Mold Pan according to package instructions to create nipple for bottle. Let cool.
Line jelly roll pan with waxed paper, and bake angel food cake recipe according to recipe for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cake springs back.
Let jelly roll cake cool for 5 minutes. Turn cake on to clean kitchen towel dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Peel off waxed paper. Roll up in jelly roll style, starting at the short end of cake. Cool completely on cooling grid.
When cake is cooled, unroll cake. Spread blue or pink icing evenly over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up and refrigerate until firm.
Cut circle of white fondant 1/8 in. thick to fit bottom of bottle.
Prepare cakes for fondant covering by lightly icing with buttercream. For jelly roll pan, roll out white rolled fondant 1/8 in. thick and place 12 in. long x 10 in. wide up next to cake. Attach circle of fondant made in step 5 to bottom of bottle with icing. Carefully roll cake onto white cut fondant, continue rolling cake until completely covered with fondant. Trim excess.
Form 2 oz. blue fondant into nipple shape of for bottle. Make nipple piece 1 in. dia. x 1 in. high; taper smooth onto top of mini wonder mold. Roll blue fondant, 1/8 in. thick and cover the remaining top of bottle forming to the mini wonder mold.
Insert 3 inches of lollipop stick into jelly roll cake. Slide cap over exposed 3 in. of lollipop stick. Push flush to jelly roll.
Roll out remaining blue fondant 1/4 in. thick, and cut 8 in. long x 1 in. wide collar for bottom of bottle cap. Use lollipop stick to imprint ridges on fondant piece. Place over cap and jelly roll, covering seam. Trim excess.
Add a little rose icing color to pink fondant. Press fondant into alphabet molds. Remove at attach to bottle with icing.