Off to Dreamland Cake
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
4 3/4 inch gumballs
4 1/2 inch gumballs
Cake serves 68.
- Easy-Add Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set Add to shopping list Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set
- Easy-Add 9 x 13 x 2 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 13 x 2 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 362 Add to shopping list Tip: 362
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Set Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Teddy Bear Nesting Cutter Set Add to shopping list Teddy Bear Nesting Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add 8 in. Straight Spatula Add to shopping list 8 in. Straight Spatula
- White floral tape
- Hot Glue Gun
- Sharp craft knife
- Serrated knife
- Craft block
- 1/8 in. wide satin ribbon (10 inches needed)
- Form squares
In advance, use cutters from flower making set to make all flowers in rose, yellow, blue fondant. Divide 1/2 pk. of fondant in thirds and tint. Make 60 pansies (20 in each color), 144 apple blossoms (48 in each color) and 144 forget-me-nots (48 in each color). Position flowers on foam and use rounded end of wooden stick from set to indent centers. Let dry; add tip 3 white dot centers. Set aside.
Bake and cool bear cake following instructions. Trim arms off bear cake. Ice inside ears and bottom of feet smooth with spatula. Pipe tip 3 eyes, nose and mouth (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Cover bear with tip 16 stars. Ice 2-layer sheet cake smooth on 13 x 19 in. cake board (support with dowel rods). Position bear on cake. Cut a 12 x 9 in. piece of fondant for blanket; tuck and drape in front of bear. Pipe tip 12 arms holding blanket; cover arms with tip 16 stars. Using buttercream, pipe row of rose, blue and yellow tip 362 stars on blanket; add tip 1 zigzag lines between stars. Randomly pipe tip 3 bead hearts on sheet cake.
To make crib: Using serrated knife, cut plastic dowel rods--16 pieces 8 in. long, 2 pieces 10 in. long, 4 pieces 7 1/4 in. long. Attach 8 in. rods to sides of cake with buttercream, approximately 2 1/4 in. apart. Glue two 7 1/4 in. rods together for each long side of top railing; attach 10 inch rods for short sides of top railings. Roll fondant into rope and wrap around corners and middle of side railings. Using craft knife, cut holes in one end of to rail to line up with vertical railing for mobile.
To make mobile: Use smallest bear from cutter set and brown fondant to cut 8 bears. Cut 4 ribbon strips 2 1/2 inches each. Place 1 bear face down; position ribbon on top; lightly brush second bear with water and press on top of first bear and ribbon. Repeat process for remaining 3 bears. Let dry. Pipe tip 1 diapers and facial features on bears. Use craft knife to cut 5 holes (1 in center bottom and 4 around sides) in large gumball. Cut 4 wooden dowel rods 3 inches long; cover with white florist tape; glue into side holes of large gumball with hot glue. Insert 12 in. wooden dowel rod into bottom hole of gumball and wrap with white florist tape; push into cake. Use hot glue to attach small gumballs to ends of 3 in. dowel rods and to attach bears on ribbons to small gumballs.
Roll out 3/8 in. diameter rope of fondant and wrap around bottom edge of railings. Randomly attach flowers.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more