O, Starry Night Cake
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add White Sparkling Sugar Add to shopping list White Sparkling Sugar
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 12.
In advance, make snowflake branches using royal icing. Use pattern and tip 12 with royal icing to make 5 snowflake branches to 8 in. with an end ball. Make accents 6 in. long with the end ball. Make 15 to 20 separate balls. Let dry on waxed paper covered board. When dry, paint with piping gel and immediately cover completely with sparkling sugars. Remove excess sugars and let dry for 2 to 4 hours. For center hub, use pattern and tip 12 to pipe royal icing large and small circle. Pat flat with finger dipped in cornstarch. Dry both circles and paint with piping gel and cover with sugars.
Bake and cool cake. Prepare to be covered with fondant by lightly icing with buttercream. Tint 36 oz. of fondant red, roll out and cover cake. Roll out remaining fondant to a 15 in. long by 1/2 in. thick. Position along bottom of star; attach with piping gel.
Position snowflake branches with ball 1 in. from point and without ball 1 in. from inverted point. Attach to top of cake. Attach additional ball to branches with royal icing. Attach large circle to center covering ends of accents. Position small circle over large one and attach with royal icing.
*Combine Red-Red with a small amount of Christmas Red to achieve red shown.