Nursery Rhyme and Rock Cake
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Topsy Turvy Pan Add to shopping list Topsy Turvy Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Heart Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Heart Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Alphabet/Number Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Alphabet/Number Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Flower Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Flower Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Shaping Foam Add to shopping list Shaping Foam
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Round Comfort Grip™ Cutter Add to shopping list Round Comfort Grip™ Cutter
- Easy-Add Confectionery Tool Set Add to shopping list Confectionery Tool Set
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Paring Knife
In advance: Make cradle. Roll out yellow fondant 1/4 in. thick. Cut a circle using round cutter; trim off 1/4 of circle (pie shaped wedge). For ribs of cradle hood, cut three 1/8 in. wide strips using paring knife. Attach to hood with damp brush; trim to fit. For rim, roll and attach a 1/8 x 1 1/2 in. log. For trim, roll 1/8 in. diameter yellow balls and 3/16 in. diameter pink balls; attach with damp brush. For bow, roll two 1/4 in. diameter balls of blue fondant, shape into beads and flatten for bow loops, attach. Cut 2 streamers 1/8 in. wide x 3/4 in. long, attach. For center knot, roll a 3/16 in. ball; attach. Place cradle on cornstarch-dusted surface to dry. Attach 2 lollipop sticks to back of cradle with thinned fondant adhesive; let dry.
Ice cake tops and sides smooth. Tint 6 oz. of white fondant violet. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut strips 5/8 in. wide. Using straight-edge wheel of Cutter/Embosser, imprint lines on strips; position 1 1/4 in. apart on bottom tier of cake. Roll out pink fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut hearts using small Cut-Out, position on bottom tier. Cut message using letter Cut-Outs; position on middle tier. Roll two 3/16 in. balls of fondant and position between words. Roll out pink fondant 1/4 in. thick and cut 1 in. wide strips. Imprint diagonal lines 1/4 in. apart, with ridged wheel of Cutter/Embosser; position strips on top tier.
Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut 22 green, 12 yellow, 12 pink, 10 violet and 14 blue flowers using smallest Cut-Out. Place flowers on thick foam and cup centers using medium round ball tool. Roll 1/8 in. diameter balls of white fondant and attach to flower centers. Attach flowers to cake using tip 3 dots of buttercream icing. Insert cradle in cake top.
*Note: Combine Violet and Rose for violet fondant color shown.