Not Shy Butterfly Cupcakes
Valentine’s Day greetings are arriving by air! These creative cupcakes are topped by a fondant butterfly you make ahead of time. On the day of your party, it’s quick and easy to ice cupcakes and assemble the butterfly on top.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
Black string licorice
Each cupcake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Standard muffin pan Add to shopping list Standard muffin pan
- Easy-Add Hearts Remembered Standard Baking Cups Add to shopping list Hearts Remembered Standard Baking Cups
- Easy-Add From The Heart Nesting Cutter Set Add to shopping list From The Heart Nesting Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
Make butterfly in advance. Tint fondant red (combine Red-Red and Christmas Red to produce shade shown), rose and reserve white. Attach fondant pieces together using a damp brush.
Make wings using rose fondant. Cut out 2 hearts using smallest cutter. Trim 1/2 in. off pointed ends. Using white fondant, shape 12 bead shapes 3/8 in. long. Attach two beads together to form heart and attach to wings. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted surface.
Make body using red fondant: Roll a log 1 1/2 in. long x 1/2 in. diameter. Roll a 5/8 in. diameter head, attach. Cut two 1/2 in. long pieces of licorice and insert into head; roll two 1/8 in. balls and attach to ends of licorice. Let dry overnight.
Bake and cool cupcakes; ice smooth in white buttercream.
Position wings; draw facial features on butterfly with black FoodWriter and position between wings.