North Meets South Pops!
There’s no need to take sides with these fantastic Civil War-inspired pops! A Wilton Mini Muffin Pan, Candy Melts and Candy Color Sets were used to create these hats.
Favorite pound cake recipe or mix
- Easy-Add Bake Easy™ Non-Stick Spray Add to shopping list Bake Easy™ Non-Stick Spray
White Candy Melts® Candy (3.8 oz. needed for each pop)Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (1/8 oz. needed for each pop)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gold Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Gold Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add clear vanilla extract Add to shopping list clear vanilla extract
Each cake pop serves 1.
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Mini Muffin Pan Add to shopping list Mini Muffin Pan
- Easy-Add 8 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Pops Decorating Stand Add to shopping list Pops Decorating Stand
- Easy-Add Candy Melting Plate Add to shopping list Candy Melting Plate
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
Bake prepared pound cake batter in mini muffin pan sprayed with Bake Easy Non-Stick Spray 7-10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool completely.
Tint melted white Candy Melts gray by using black candy color. Tint melted white Candy Melts blue by using blue and black candy color.
Dip tip of stick in candy; poke into top of mini cake. Position stick in Pops Decorating Stand. Chill to set 10-15 minutes.
Dip pop in melted colored candy; tap to remove excess candy. Position in stand and chill 10 minutes. Repeat for second coat.
Tint fondant black. Roll out to 1/8 in. thick. Cut strip 3 1/4 in. long x 1/4 in. wide. Dampen back and position on hat. Cut out bill of hat. Dampen back of bill and attach to fondant strip.
Tint fondant yellow. Make two flattened 3/16 in. dots and attach to each side of hat using a dampen brush. Roll two logs, 1/16 in. x 1/2 in., to make cross on front of hat. Attach to hat.
Stir gold Pearl Dust into vanilla extract in Candy Melting Plate. Paint dots and cross gold.