Nirvana Cameos Cake
A color flow framework draws the eye to botanical images created with royal icing. Use our patterns and piped-icing mortar to construct the gazebo-like overlay.
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add Pink Icing Color Add to shopping list Pink Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Moss Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Moss Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Color Flow Mix Add to shopping list Color Flow Mix
- Easy-Add 8 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 1L Add to shopping list Tip: 1L
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 26 Add to shopping list Tip: 26
- Easy-Add Tip: 101 Add to shopping list Tip: 101
- Easy-Add Tip: 103 Add to shopping list Tip: 103
- Easy-Add Tip: 349 Add to shopping list Tip: 349
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 7 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 7
- Easy-Add Lily Nail Set Add to shopping list Lily Nail Set
- Easy-Add White Stamens Add to shopping list White Stamens
- Easy-Add 14 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 14 in. Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Waxed paper
- Aluminum foil
In advance make the following royal icing flowers: 6 tip 103 pink petunias on 1 5/8 in. lily nail with tip 16 green star centers and stamens; 30 tip 101 pink apple blossoms with tip 1 yellow dot centers; 102 tip 26 white drop flowers with tip 2 dot centers. Make extras of all flowers to allow for breakage and let dry.
In advance, using patterns and tip 2, make color flow pieces: 6 each side panels and bottom collars, 1 each small top collar and large top collar.
Mark hexagon board with a FoodWriter marker: Mark 2 1/2 in. from point of each hexagon; mark again 1/8 in. from cake at the center of each hexagon edge. Mark a straight line with a ruler, starting from 1/8 in. mark on each panel and connecting at 2 1/2 in. markings. Pipe tip 2 line in royal icing over lines nearest cakes. This icing hexagon will be your guide for placement of side panels.
Place first panel on line, pipe a second tip 2 line on side and position next panel, making sure panels line up. Pipe a thick tip 2 line of icing at panel seams. Continue adding panels, propping up each previous one with a 6 in. high box. Let dry. Pipe tip 3 beads at panel seams. Attach bottom collar pieces to board against side panels with a line of icing.
Pipe tip 2 beads where collar pieces meet side panels, on collar edges and between collar pieces. Position large top collar piece on cut miniature marshmallows on cake top. Position small top collar piece.
Edge oval and triangle areas of side panels with tip 3 beads in royal icing; add tip 1L vines around oval and attach drop flowers. Pipe tip 2 fleur di lis at triangle corners; let dry. Position small top collar on large top collar; edge with tip 2 beads in royal icing; let dry.
Using pattern, cut double-thick base board from cake circles; wrap with foil.
Ice two 2-layer round cakes (6 in. high) smooth. Position cake on prepared hexagon board. Follow Color Flow Panel Assembly Instructions to attach panel pieces. Pipe a tip 12 mound of icing on cake top, position petunias and add tip 352 leaves. Attach clusters of apple blossoms to center of side panels and at panel corners with buttercream; add tip 349 leaves.
Note: Add a small amount of Moss Green color to Kelly Green to achieve shade used.