Neon on your Tree Cake
Beautiful jewel tones of purple and yellow fondant, dazzled with Cake Sparkles make this the brightest ornament of all. The 10 in. round cake is embellished with fondant ribbons and bow.
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Purple Cake Sparkles™ Add to shopping list Purple Cake Sparkles™
- Easy-Add Yellow Cake Sparkles™ Add to shopping list Yellow Cake Sparkles™
Cake serves 14.
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Circle Metal Cutter Add to shopping list Circle Metal Cutter
- Facial tissue
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make bow and streamers. Tint 8 oz. fondant green; add 1 teaspoon Gum-Tex. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut 2 strips for loops, 2 1/2 in. wide x 8 in. long. Brush ends with damp brush and press together. Cut ends to taper to 11/2 in. Align on sides on cornstarch-dusted board, supporting openings with tissue. For streamers, cut 2 strips 3/4 x 10 in.; cut v-shaped notch in ends. Shape and let dry on cornstarch-dusted board, supporting with tissue. Cut a 3/4 x 2 in. strip for knot; wrap around ends of loops.
Make hook. Tint 3 oz. fondant blue. Roll a 1/2 x 10 in. long log; shape into a hook and let dry on cornstarch-dusted board.
Tint remaining fondant: 18 oz. violet, 5 oz. yellow.
Bake and cool 1-layer round cake. Prepare and cover cake with violet fondant.
Roll out yellow and remaining violet fondant 1/8 in. thick. Use wide end of tip 1A to cut approximately 12 violet circles; use circle metal cutter to cut 7 yellow circles. Brush circles with water; sprinkle with matching Cake Sparkles. Attach to cake with damp brush. Attach bow and streamers. Position hook.
Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.