Nature Designs with a Hint of the Orient Cake
Create this beautiful floral masterpiece with the help of our Nature Designs Gum Paste & Fondant Mold. From blossoms, to branches to birds, the designs come together for a fondant cake that celebrates nature’s beauty.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Moss Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Moss Green Icing Color
Cake serves 68.
- Easy-Add Nature Fondant and Gum Paste Mold Add to shopping list Nature Fondant and Gum Paste Mold
- Easy-Add Dusting Pouch Add to shopping list Dusting Pouch
- Paring Knife
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Square Pan
In advance, make top tier tree branch arrangement. Tint fondant as follows: 4 oz. brown with 1/2 teaspoon Gum Tex, 4 oz. light rose with 1/2 teaspoon Gum Tex, 2 oz. light blue with 1/4 teaspoon Gum Tex. Tint remaining fondant light moss green, remove 2 oz. and tint to a medium moss green adding 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex; set aside light moss green fondant .
Mold several different shape tree limbs, leaves and birds. Press fondant into cornstarch-dusted molds, roll with small fondant roller and carefully remove with paring knife greased with shortening. Set fondant pieces aside on cornstarch-covered boards.
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes. Prepare for stacked construction. Prepare for covering with rolled fondant by icing lightly with buttercream and cover with moss green fondant. Smooth with Fondant Smoother. Stack cakes.
To make bottom tier arrangements, press fondant into branches, leaves, flowers and birds, making sure to dust each mold with cornstarch prior to molding. Roll with small fondant roller. Trim excess fondant with paring knife greased with shortening. Carefully remove from mold with knife. Attach bottom tier tree branch pieces to cake with tip 3 dots of icing. Attach top tier tree branch arrangement with tip 3 dots of icing to those areas where pieces stand above or away from cake.