Natural Beauty Cake
Stylish stacked tiers set on Roman pillars tower over an arrangement of the bride’s favorite fresh flowers. The cake design is highlighted with apple blossoms and finished with a piped lattice border over fondant bands and sugar pearls.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Sugar Pearls Sprinkles Add to shopping list Sugar Pearls Sprinkles
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add 8 in. Round pan Add to shopping list 8 in. Round pan
- Easy-Add 12 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 16 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 16 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 102 Add to shopping list Tip: 102
- Easy-Add Tip: 104 Add to shopping list Tip: 104
- Easy-Add Tip: 126 Add to shopping list Tip: 126
- Easy-Add Decorating Nail Set Add to shopping list Decorating Nail Set
- Easy-Add Roman Column and Plate Set Add to shopping list Roman Column and Plate Set
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Waxed paper
- Fresh Flowers
In advance, make royal icing apple blossoms with sugar pearls centers: 4 tip 126, 6 tip 104, and 6 tip 102. Make extras to allow for breakage and let all dry.
Prepare 2 layer cakes for rolled fondant and stacked construction. Tint 16 oz. fondant violet and rose. Cover cakes with white fondant. Roll violet/rose fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut into 1 1/4 in. wide bands-26 in. long for 8 in. cake, 39 in. long for 12 in. cake, 52 in. long for 16 in. cake. Attach to bottom borders of cakes with damp brush. Mark 1/2 in. intervals on bands tops and bottoms and pipe tip 3 lattice. Attach sugar pearls with dots of icing.
Attach icing flowers to cake using dots of icing.
At reception: arrange flowers in center of Roman columns. Position cake.
*The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.