Mrs. Easter Parade Easter Egg
When this hard-cooked egg marches at the front of the pack, there’s spring in her step! Her floral fondant bonnet and sugar pearl necklace are a match made in heaven for our Mr. Easter Egg design.
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (3 1/2 oz. makes 1 egg)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- hard-cooked egg
- Easy-Add White Sugar Pearls Add to shopping list White Sugar Pearls
- White Candy Melts® Candy (1 oz. makes 6-8 eggs)Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- solid vegetable shortening
- Easy-Add Candy Eyeballs Add to shopping list Candy Eyeballs
- FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers (black and blue used)Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Extra Fine Tip FoodWriter® Edible Color Markers (brown used)Easy-Add Extra Fine Tip FoodWriter® Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list Extra Fine Tip FoodWriter® Edible Color Markers
Each egg serves 1.
- Plastic ruler
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Decorative Press Set Add to shopping list Decorative Press Set
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Oval Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Oval Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Tapered Spatula Add to shopping list Tapered Spatula
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Heart Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Heart Cut-Outs™
Step 1Add 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 3 1/2 oz. fondant per egg. Tint 1/2 oz. brown, 1 oz. yellow, 1/2 oz. rose, 1/4 oz. violet, 1/4 oz. green and reserve 1 oz. white for each egg.
Step 2Add a little shortening to rose fondant to soften. Use decorative press set with circle insert to make two logs 2 1/4 in. long, and one log 3 in. long. Shape into loops for top of hat. Brush ends with damp brush, and pinch together. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted board.
Step 3Shape a 1 1/2 in. diameter ball of white fondant for base. Press down center. Attach egg and sugar pearls for necklace with melted candy in cut disposable bag. Let set.
Step 4Roll out violet fondant 1/16 in. thick. Use smallest oval Cut-Out to cut five flower petals. Attach in overlapping fashion with melted candy in cut disposable bag. Roll a small white fondant ball for center; attach with melted candy.
Step 5Roll out green fondant 1/16 in. thick. Use smallest leaf Cut-Out to cut two leaves. Score vein lines with edge of tapered spatula. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted board.
Step 6Add a little shortening to brown fondant to soften. Use decorative press set with 3-hole insert to make hair. Use knife to cut to desired length; shape a curl for front strand. Attach to top of egg with melted candy.
Step 7Roll out yellow fondant 1/16 in. thick. Use largest round Cut-Out to cut circle for hat brim; curl up edge. Attach to top of egg with melted candy. Shape a 1 in. yellow fondant ball into a 1 1/2 in. oval for top of hat. Flatten bottom and attach to hat brim with melted candy in cut disposable bag.
Step 8Attach candy eyeballs with melted candy in cut disposable bag. Draw eyebrows using brown FoodWriter edible color marker, eye highlights using blue FoodWriter edible color marker and eyelashes using black FoodWriter edible color marker.
Step 9For lips, roll out rose fondant 1/16 in. thick. Use smallest heart cut-out to cut lips. Pinch bottom point and both sides to create shape. Use spatula to score mouth line. Attach to egg with melted candy in cut disposable bag
Step 10Attach leaves, flower and hat loops with melted candy in cut disposable bag
0 Reviews by the community
0 Questions by the community