Mr. Easter Parade Egg
This hard-cooked egg is heading up the avenue in style—with a tall top hat and a brilliant blue bow tie made of fondant. Match him up with Mrs. Easter Parade to create the perfect brunch buddies for your table!
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (2 oz. makes 1 egg)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Hard Cooked Eggs
- White Candy Melts® Candy (1 oz. makes 6-8 eggs)Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Candy Eyeballs Add to shopping list Candy Eyeballs
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
Each egg serves 1
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Plastic ruler
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
Step 1Add 1/8 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 2 oz. fondant per egg. Tint 3/4 oz. blue, 1 oz. black, 1/4 oz. yellow, for each egg.
Step 2Roll out blue fondant 1/16 in. thick for bow tie. Cut two strips, 1/2 in. x 2 in.; shape into loops and attach ends with damp brush. Cut a strip, 1/2 in. x 1 in., for knot; pinch loop ends together and wrap around knot strip, securing with damp brush. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted board.
Step 3Shape a 1 in. diameter ball of blue fondant for base. Press down center. Attach hard-cooked egg with melted candy in cut disposable bag.
Step 4Attach candy eyeballs and bow tie with melted candy in cut disposable bag. Use black FoodWriter edible color marker to draw eyebrows.
Step 5Roll out black fondant 1/16 in. thick. Use wide end of tip 2A to cut circle; move up tip ¼ in. and cut out mouth. Attach to egg with melted candy in cut disposable bag. Reserve remaining black fondant.
Step 6Roll out reserved black fondant 1/8 in. thick. Use wide end of tip 2A to cut hat brim. Shape remaining black fondant into top of hat, 1 in. high, 7/8 in diameter at top, tapering to 5/8 in. diameter at bottom. Attach top to brim with melted candy in cut disposable bag.
Step 7Roll out yellow fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut a strip, 1/4 in. x 1 in., for hat band. Attach to hat with melted candy in cut disposable bag.
0 Reviews by the community
0 Questions by the community