Moving the Earth Cake
Construct a Moving the Earth cake for your favorite hard hat’s birthday. You engineer this design from the Fire Truck cake pan (no heavy lifting required!).
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
granulated brown sugar
Black licorice bites
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Fire Truck Pan Add to shopping list Fire Truck Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Small Plastic Ruler
For scoop of truck, cut L-shape from cake board. Arm portion is 4 1/2 x 1 in. and scoop portion is 3 x 1 1/2 in. Wrap with Fanci-Foil and set aside.
Bake and cool cake. Trim light off truck roof. Ice sides and background areas smooth. Outline truck with tip 3. Outline tread area with tip 12; pipe tip 8 dot treads 1 in. apart.
Outline and pipe in cylinders on treads and inside tread area with tip 3 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Attach lollipop stick to back of scoop with icing; insert into truck. Cover truck and scoop with tip 16 stars.
Position lollipop stick in cake to support scoop. Attach scoop to stick with icing. Pipe tip 3 dot on hinges of scoop.
Position black licorice bite on back of truck. Pipe tip 12 wavy design on bottom border; immediately sprinkle with granulated brown sugar.