Dessert Decorator …
- Jelly Roll Yellow Sponge Cake (small recipe)
- Easy-Add Vanilla Whipped Icing Mix Add to shopping list Vanilla Whipped Icing Mix
- fresh raspberries
- Fresh mint leaves
- seedless raspberry or strawberry jam
Dessert serves 12.
- Easy-Add 8 x 3 in. Springform pan Add to shopping list 8 x 3 in. Springform pan
- Easy-Add 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 in. Jelly Roll pan Add to shopping list 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 in. Jelly Roll pan
- Easy-Add Dessert Decorator Pro™ Add to shopping list Dessert Decorator Pro™
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Tip: 21 (included with Dessert Decorator Pro)Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add 8 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 8 in. Angled Spatula
- Easy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
- Sharp Knife
- Small Plastic Ruler
Bake a thin sponge cake by filling jelly roll pan with 3/4 of recipe batter. Remove from pan and cool flat. When completely cooled, cut cake lengthwise into three strips, each 3 in. wide. Spread preserves on one strip, top with second strip and spread preserves on top. Position last strip on top; wrap cake in plastic wrap and place baking sheet on top to hold. Freeze to set.
Prepare mousse recipe in springform; refrigerate until set. Unmold mousse and place on serving plate. Remove sponge cake from freezer and cut into 24 slices measuring 3 in. long x 1/4 in. wide. Divide mousse into 12ths; pipe tip 4 line of whipped icing at division points on top and sides and position cake pieces at markings. Trim to fit evenly with cake edges. Using Dessert Decorator Pro™ fitted with tip 21 and whipped icing, pipe rosettes at top center point of mousse. Mound fresh raspberries and mint on cake top and position around bottom border.