Mother's Day Heart Cake
Celebrate Mother’s Day with hearts and roses! This charming cake uses rolled fondant to easily create ribbon roses and hearts.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Sparkling Sugar Add to shopping list White Sparkling Sugar
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Dimensions® Crown of Hearts Pan Add to shopping list Dimensions® Crown of Hearts Pan
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Heart Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Heart Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
Bake and cool cake. Place on foil-wrapped board, cut to fit.
Make ribbon roses. Tint fondant rose. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut a 5 x 2 in. wide strip with Cutter/Embosser. Roll strip, tightly at first, then gradually looser to create flower. Cut off end of strip and fold edge under. Trim to 3/4 in. high. Repeat for 30 roses.
Roll out fondant 1/4 in. thick. Using medium heart Cut-Out, cut 18 hearts. Brush piping gel on one side and sprinkle with Sparkling Sugar. Position hearts in indentations on sides of cake; secure with buttercream.
Make strips. Roll out remaining fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 28 strips 1/4 in. wide x 2 in. long. Trim strips into smaller sizes to fit the length between each fondant heart along the side and the rim of the cake's center heart indent. Brush with piping gel and sprinkle with Sparkling Sugar. Press a small amount of fondant in diamond indentation on pan. Remove and brush with piping gel. Sprinkle with Sparkling Sugar. Attach strips and diamond piece to cake with buttercream.
Ice center heart space on cake top smooth in rose buttercream. Position roses.