Monster High Cake
All your screams will come true when you decorate this freaky fabulous Monster High cake for your favorite ghoul’s birthday. It’s easy to create, using the Wilton Monster High Cake pan.
Favorite cake recipe or mix
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
Burgundy Icing Color (Combine Rose Icing Color with Burgundy Icing Color for rose color shown)Easy-Add Burgundy Icing Color Add to shopping list Burgundy Icing Color
light corn syrup
Cake serves 12
- Easy-Add Monster High Cake Pan Add to shopping list Monster High Cake Pan
- Easy-Add 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid Add to shopping list 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add 10 x 14 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 10 x 14 in. Cake Board
- Craft knife
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 9 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 9 in. Angled Spatula
- Easy-Add 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
Make cake. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake and cool cake according to pan package directions. Position on a cut-to-fit, foil-wrapped cake board.
Prepare icing. We suggest that you tint all icings at one time while cake cools. Refrigerate tinted icings in covered containers until ready to use.
Make 3 1/4 Cups Of Buttercream Icing:
• Tint 1 cup black (thin 1/2 cup with 2 teaspoons light corn syrup)
• Tint 1 cup rose
• Reserve 1 1/4 cups white
Use spatula and thinned black icing to ice sides of cake smooth.
Use tip 3 and white icing to outline face. Use tip 3 and black icing to outline eyes, nose and bow. Use tip 3 and black icing to pipe in eyes and nose. Pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
Use tip 16 and white icing to pipe in stars to cover face.
Use tip 16 and rose icing to pipe in stars to cover bow.