Monkey Shines! Cake
Can there ever be too many monkeys? We think not! Encircle a round cake with cavorting chimps created using our Candy Melting Plate and piped-candy details. Top the confection with a candy plaque formed in our Monkey Pan.
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add Flowerful Medley 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment Add to shopping list Flowerful Medley 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment
Cake serves 63.
- Easy-Add Monkey Pan Add to shopping list Monkey Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Candy Melting Plate Add to shopping list Candy Melting Plate
- Easy-Add 8 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutters Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutters Set
- Easy-Add Cake Corer Tube Add to shopping list Cake Corer Tube
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
- Easy-Add 16 in. Tall Tier Cake Plate Add to shopping list 16 in. Tall Tier Cake Plate
- Easy-Add Bottom Column Bolt Add to shopping list Bottom Column Bolt
- Easy-Add 7 3/4 in. Columns Add to shopping list 7 3/4 in. Columns
- Easy-Add Glue-On Plate Legs Add to shopping list Glue-On Plate Legs
- Curling ribbon
- glue for plastic
- Waxed paper
In advance: Mold monkey candy plaque, candy monkey faces, name and balloons.
Tint 5 oz. yellow for hat; 4 oz. each pink, violet and green for balloons; 1 oz. blue for small hats; enough orange to make letters of name. After unmolding monkey candy plaque, lay hat pattern on board and cover with waxed paper. Position candy plaque on paper then outline and pipe in hat with melted candy.
Use letters and largest circle cutter from 101 Cookie Cutters Set to mold name and 3 balloons. Place cutters on non-stick cookie sheet; fill 1/4 in. deep with melted candy. Refrigerate until firm; unmold.
Using Candy Melting Plate cavities, mold 12 small monkey faces. Refrigerate until firm; unmold. Place on waxed paper-covered board. Pipe ears and hat using melted candy in cut parchment bags. Let set.
Also: Attach lollipop sticks to back of balloons and letters using melted candy. And: Glue 6 legs onto bottom of 16 in. plate.
Prepare 2-layer round cake for Center Column Construction. Ice smooth; position on 16 in. plate. Insert plastic dowel rods in cake where candy plaque will rest.
Pipe details using buttercream icing. Use tip 6 to pipe highlights on balloons, top and bottom bead borders and pull-out dot fringe on hat brim and top. Attach confetti from Flowerful Medley assortment to hat. Divide cake into 12ths.
Attach monkey heads to cake sides with icing. Pipe tip 12 bodies (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Use tip 3 to pipe muzzle, ears and belly (pat smooth), arms, fingers, legs, feet and tail. Use tip 1 to pipe facial features and hat fringe. Attach confetti to cake sides.
Assemble candy pieces using melted candy. Attach monkey plaque to center columns; hold until set. Attach balloons to back of monkey. Attach 18 in. lengths of ribbon from back of balloons to hand. Insert letters.
Combine Brown with Red-Red and a little Black for brown icing shown.