Mischievous Monster Cake
Put this skull cake at the head of the table on Halloween! Made in the Dimensions 3-D Skull Pan, everyone will be staring at this friendly face, decorated with fondant hair curls.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Cake serves 12
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 10 Add to shopping list Tip: 10
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add 3-D Skull Pan Add to shopping list 3-D Skull Pan
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Craft knife
In advance: Make hair. Tint fondant black. Knead in 1/8 teaspoon of Gum-Tex. Roll out 1/16 in. thick. With knife, cut 1/4 in. wide strips in various sizes from 2 in. to 6 in. long. Wrap strips around cookie treat sticks. Let set for one minute. Slide off stick. Let dry 24 hours on cornstarch-dusted board, leaving some straight and curving others to the left or right.
Bake and cool skull cake in 2-piece pan. Attach cake halves with icing.
Using tip 3 and black icing, outline and pipe in mouth and eyes. Pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
Using tip 10 and white icing, pipe ball eyes. Using tip 6 and black icing, pipe dot pupils.
Using tip 16 and green icing, cover skull with stars.
Insert hair in top of cake. Pipe tip 16 stars in back for support if needed.
*Combine Leaf Green with Black for green shown.