Mighty Oaks Cake
We think that you will never see a cake as pretty as this tree! It’s an openwork oak, cut from a rectangle of chocolate fondant and placed over a green fondant background for a distinctive color effect. Use the Cut-N-Spin Rotating Cutting Board to easily maneuver around every curve.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Chocolate Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Chocolate Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
Cake serves 20.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Cut-N-Spin Rotating Cutting Board Add to shopping list Cut-N-Spin Rotating Cutting Board
- Waxed paper
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
Bake and cool 3-layer cake (bake two 1 1/2 in. layers and one 2 in. layer for a 5 in. high cake). Position on foil-wrapped cake board.
Prepare cake for rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream. Cover cake with chocolate fondant. Smooth with Fondant Smoother.
Roll out chocolate fondant 1/8 in. thick. Using Cutter/Embosser, cut an 8 in. x 5 in. rectangle. Position rectangle on waxed paper and place on Cut-N-Spin. Using knife, cut a freehand tree shape.
Tint white fondant green. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Using Cutter/Embosser, cut an 8 in. x 5 in. rectangle.
Position chocolate rectangle, waxed paper side up, on green rectangle. Attach both pieces to front of cake with Thinned Fondant Adhesive. Remove waxed paper.
Using chocolate fondant, roll 1/4 in. diameter logs, two 5 in. long, and two 8 in. long. Attach to front edges of cake for border with thinned fondant adhesive.
Roll out remaining green fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut nine leaves using small Cut-Out. Attach to tree with thinned fondant adhesive.