Princess Carriage …
Mesmerized Monster Cake
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Rose Icing Color (combine violet with rose for violet shown)Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Leaf Green Icing Color (combine lemon yellow with leaf green for green shown)Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Princess Carriage Pan Add to shopping list Princess Carriage Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add 9 in. Rolling pin Add to shopping list 9 in. Rolling pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add 8 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Waxed paper
Several days in advance: Make fondant hat .
Tint fondant: 6 oz. yellow (add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex), 3 oz. blue. Roll out 1/8 in. thick as needed. Use pattern to cut hat; let dry overnight on waxed paper-covered board.
Reserve remaining fondant. Attach 2 Lollipop Sticks to back with thinned fondant adhesive, leaving 5 in. extended at bottom.
For pompom, cut a 1 1/2 x 6 in. wide strip (reserve remaining blue). Use Cutter/Embosser to make slits for fringe, 1 in. deep, 1/8 in. wide. Wrap uncut edge around tip of hat, securing with damp brush as you wrap. Let dry.
Also: Make fondant nose and teeth. Tint fondant: 1 oz. orange; reserve 1 oz. white. For nose, use pattern to cut 1 each yellow and orange. Cut curved strips from orange nose and attach over yellow nose using damp brush. For teeth, cut irregular triangles: three 1/2 in. high and two each 3/4, 1, 1 5/8, 1 1/4 in. high. Let all dry on waxed paper-covered board dusted with cornstarch.
Prepare and wrap cut-to-fit board.
Bake and cool cake. Smooth out top and sides with white buttercream, covering carriage details and building up eyeballs (pat smooth with fingertip dipped in cornstarch).
Pipe tip 8 dot irises and pupils; flatten with finger dipped in cornstarch. Pipe tip 2 dot highlights and tip 3 zigzag veins. Cover cake with tip 21 stars. Pipe outline mouth and lower eyelids with tip 12.
Position nose and teeth, larger sizes on the outside. Push hat into cake top; position marshmallows for support..
Roll out reserved blue fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 8-10 strips, 1 x 2 in. wide. Cut ¾ in. deep slits, 1/8 in. wide. Roll into tufts and attach for hat brim using thinned fondant adhesive. Pipe tip 5 number