Men's Club Cake
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
Your favorite brownie mix or recipe
light corn syrup
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Golf Bag Pan Add to shopping list Golf Bag Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2B Add to shopping list Tip: 2B
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 47 Add to shopping list Tip: 47
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
We suggest that you tint all icings at one time while cake cools. Refrigerate tinted icings in covered containers until ready to use. Bring to room temperature for decorating.
Make 2 cups buttercream icing:
Tint ½ cup gray
Tint ¼ cup green
Tint ¼ cup blue
Tint ¾ cup ivory/yellow combination (thin ¼ cup with ¾ teaspoon light corn syrup)
Tint ¼ cup red
Prepare brownie mix or recipe. Bake and cool.
Decorate in Order
Ice background areas and side of club area smooth with thinned white icing.
Ice bag smooth with thinned teal icing.
Heat various colors of taffy in microwave for 5 seconds at a time to soften. Roll out on waxed paper-covered surface.
Position taffy on pan and cut sections to fit. Position taffy ondetail areas of bag, tees and club heads.
Use tip 5 and lemon yellow/golden yellow combination icing to pipe in circle in porthole.
Use tip 16 and brown/red-red combination icing to cover ship with stars.
Use tip 3 and black icing to outline and pipe in flags (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Use tip 3 and white icing to pipe in skulls and crossbones on flags.
Use tip 3 and black icing to pipe in facial features on skulls.
Use tip 3 and golden yellow/brown/ivory combination icing to outline sails.
Use tip 16 and golden yellow/brown/ivory combination icing to cover sails with stars.
Use tip 5 and lemon yellow/golden yellow combination icing to pipe "boom" lines above sails.
Use tip 5 and orange/red-red combination icing to pipe in rails on deck and crow's nest.
Use tip 21 and dark blue icing to pipe c-motion scroll bottom border.
Preheat oven to 350°F or temperature per recipe directions. Before first and after each use, we recommend hand washing pan in warm soapy water. Your cake will unmold easily, without sticking, when you prepare the pan properly. Grease the inside of pan using a pastry brush and solid vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine or liquid vegetable oil). Spread the shortening so that all indentations are covered.
Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons flour inside pan and shake so that flour covers all greased surfaces. Turn pan upside down and tap lightly to remove excess flour. If any shiny spots remain, touch up with more shortening and flour to prevent cake from sticking. (You can use vegetable oil pan spray or Wilton Cake Release or Wilton Bake Easy™ Non-Stick Spray, in place of solid shortening and flour).
Make one 2-layer cake mix according to package or recipe directions. Pour the cake batter into pan, and if necessary, spread the batter around with a spatula to fill all areas of the pan evenly. Be careful not to touch sides or bottom of pan.
Bake cake on middle rack of 350°F oven for 40-45 minutes or until cake tests done according to recipe directions.
Remove cake from oven and cool on cake rack for 10 minutes. While the cake is still in the pan, carefully slice off the raised center portion of the cake. This allows the cake to sit more level and helps prevent cracking.
To remove cake from pan, place cooling rack against cake and turn both cake rack and pan over. Lift pan off carefully. Cool cake at least one hour. Brush loose crumbs off cake.
To transfer cake to serving board, hold a cake board against cake and turn both cake and rack over. Lift off rack. Hold another board against bottom of cake and turn cake over. Be sure to hold cake, rack and board close together while turning to prevent cake from cracking.