Mega Mug 'a "Joe" Cake
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) white cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups strong coffee , at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup finely ground hazelnuts
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add 6 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 8 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Gold Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Gold Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Alphabet/Number Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Alphabet/Number Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
Tint white fondant yellow. Add 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 3 oz. yellow fondant; roll into a 6 x 3/4 in. diameter log and shape into handle. Insert lollipop sticks on each end of handle. Let dry overnight. Wrap remaining fondant to keep it soft until ready to cover your cake.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 6 x 3 in. round baking pans with vegetable pan spray. In large bowl, combine cake mix, coffee, oil and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed until moistened; beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Add hazelnuts and blend. Pour into prepared pans. Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling grid; cool completely.
Arrange cake on foil-covered cake circle; prepare for covering with rolled fondant by icing lightly with buttercream. Roll out reserved fondant to 1/4 in. thick; cover cake. Smooth, using Fondant Smoother if desired. For top and bottom borders, roll two 20 x 3/8 in. diameter logs; attach with damp brush.
For message, roll out pastel fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut letters with Cut-Outs; attach to cake with damp brush. Cut circles from a variety of fondant colors using small and large openings of tip 12; attach to cake sides with damp brush. Tint piping gel brown for "coffee"; place on cake top using cut disposable bag or carefully spoon onto cake top and spread evenly. Insert fondant handle in cake side.