Wide Glide™ …
Meandering Flower Cake
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 54.
- Easy-Add Single Shape Punch Set Add to shopping list Single Shape Punch Set
- Easy-Add Leaf Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Leaf Cutting Insert
- Easy-Add Wave Flower Former Add to shopping list Wave Flower Former
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Rotary Cutter Add to shopping list Rotary Cutter
- Easy-Add Border Punch Set Add to shopping list Border Punch Set
- Easy-Add Diamond Border Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Diamond Border Cutting Insert
- Easy-Add Layered Circles Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Layered Circles Cutting Insert
- Easy-Add 11 x 15 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 11 x 15 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
In advance, make flower petals, leaves, stems and letters for names.
Tint 5 oz. of fondant deep rose and add 1/4 teaspoon of gum-tex. Roll out to 1/8 in. thick. Use Leaf Cutting Insert to cut 12 flower petals. Cut stems off leaves. Let dry on Flower Former Set lightly dusted with cornstarch.
Use letters from the 101-Pc. Cookie Cutter Set to cut letters for name. Let dry on surface lightly dusted with cornstarch.
Tint 2 oz. of fondant dark green and add 1/4 teaspoon of gum-tex. Roll out to 1/8 in. thick and cut two leaves using cutting insert. Trim off stems. Let dry on Flower Former Set lightly dusted with cornstarch.
Roll a 10 in. rope of dark green fondant for stem. Shape into curve and let dry on surface lightly dusted with cornstarch.
Bake and cool 2-layer cake. Position cake on foil-wrapped cake board. Ice smooth sides of cake with white buttercream icing and top with light rose buttercream icing.
Tint 12 oz. of fondant light green. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Use Rotary Cutter and ruler to cut two strips, 11 in. long x 3/4 in. wide, and two strips, 15 in. long x 3/4 in. wide, attach to sides of cake with icing.
Cut out a rectangle, 15 in. long x 5 in. wide, rectangle from light green fondant. Use Sugar Sheets! Diamonds Border Cutting Insert to cut left side of fondant rectangle. Position on top of cake and smooth with Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother.
Attach name to cake with brush and piping gel.
Position stem on cake. Attach flower petals and leaves with buttercream.
Use Sugar Sheets! Diamonds Border Cutting Insert light green fondant, 1/8 in. thick, to cut 33 diamonds. Position randomly on cake around flower.
Tint 1 oz. of fondant yellow. Roll 1/8 in. thick. Cut circle using large Layered Circle Cutting Insert. Position on top of flower petal with damp brush.